API:C Plus Plus
C Plus Plus Myro
The C Plus Plus API was developed for schools that wish to still use C++ as their base development language and provide interactive learning with scribbler robots. The API mimics the Myro API to the best of its ability. However, C++ has some limitations causing a few deviations.
The C++ API provides a VideoStream interface allowing you to use the camera as a webcam. Also, there is a Filter interface which allows you to perform image manipulation task in real time, such as picture in picture for blob tracking.
Examples: Picture in Picture, blob tracking This was created using a Filter designed to record gifs.
- Need to allow filters to provide results in a thread safe manner to the user.
- Allow for a more intuitive approach to creating and understanding image filters, so that labs can be built around real-time image processing.
- Ubuntu 8.04
- g++ 4.2.3
Note: If using Ubuntu 8.04 one can just use sudo apt-get install packagename to retrieve the desired package.
- Implement a C++ flash. Currently Robots are prepared though Myro using upgrade("fluke") and upgrade("scribbler").
- Make the API more user friendly and throw C++ exceptions rather than segfault under poor use.
- Make the API window's compatible. Currently the serial connection is supported under POSIX.