Bluetooth Setup for Calico on Windows 7
From IPRE Wiki
Set up your Robot
- Insert 6 AA Batteries into the base of your Scribbler Robot.
- Make sure these are new alkaline batteries or well-charged NiMH batteries!
- Do not mix different types of batteries
- Do not mix old batteries with new batteries
- Before plugging in your Fluke, take note of the location of the Scribbler Robot's power switch: it's right next to the serial port on your Scribbler robot, near the words "Scribbler Robot"
- Insert the IPRE Fluke into the serial port of the Scribbler Robot as shown in the picture below
Set up your Bluetooth Connection
- Turn the scribbler power switch to on (on looks like a line | and off looks like a circle o). When you do so
- The red power LED next to the power switch should turn on
- The green Power LED on the fluke board should turn on
- The scribbler should play a sound
- If your computer doesn't have built in bluetooth, plug your Bluetooth USB Adapter into your computer
- Add a new bluetooth device in the Control Panel as follows: From the start menu, click on the start button and then click on the words "control panel" which you should find on the funny shimmery gray area on the right. You should see a window that looks like this:
- Now, click on "Hardware and Sound".
You should see something that looks like this:
- Click on "Add a Bluetooth device". You should see something that looks like this:
- On your fluke board there should be a little sticker with a serial number on it. Make a note of that number
- Now look at the "add a device" window for a device that starts with IPRE and has your serial number at the end. Left click on that, and then hit next. You should see something that looks like this:
- Select the "Enter the device's pairing code" option. You should see something like this:
- Type 1234 as the pairing code as indicated in the image above, and click on the next button. You should see something like this:
- Note, if you didn't enter 1234 this quickly enough, you will see a window that looks like this:
- If you see the window above, just click on "try again" and you will be back to the "add a device" window.
- Once you see the "This device has been successfully added" message, click on the words Devices and Printers as indicated in the success window above. Note that if for some reason you have closed this window, you can also get there by selecting control panel from the start menu, then hardware & sound, then devices and printers.
- Find your device (remember, it starts with IPRE and ends with your serial number). Right click on it, and choose "properties" and you should see something like this:
- Select the "services tab." It should look something like this:
- Make note of the "COM" port for your robot. For example, the COM port in the window above is "COM3". Note that there are NO SPACES in this name.
- Click on the "Cancel" button at the bottom of the window.
- If you ever forget your COM port number, you can always get to the "Devices and Printers" window by selecting control panel from the start menu, then hardware & sound, then devices and printers.