From IPRE Wiki
Getting Started with a Nao Robot
To reset a Nao robot to factory settings, follow these instructions:
- You will need the little usb stick that came with the Nao.
- Insert the usb stick into your computer's usb slot black side/gold pins up.
- Your computer will not recognize the stick. That's okay.
- Check your robot version [here https://community.aldebaran-robotics.com/doc/1-12/nao/hardware/product-range.html#hardware-product-range-nao-version] to get the right software.
- You need to download the Nao flasher software, located [here https://community.aldebaran-robotics.com/doc/1-12/software/naoflasher/index.html]. To access the software you will need to create an account at the community web site. You just need a username, password and email address.
- You will also need the Nao robot operating system software for your robot. Check [here https://community.aldebaran-robotics.com/resources/download/].
- Make sure your usb disk is unmounted. If you are on a Mac, use the terminal to do this effectively. Good instructions can be found [here http://osxdaily.com/2013/05/13/mount-unmount-drives-from-the-command-line-in-mac-os-x/]. Instructions for Windows and Linux are on the Nao flasher software page.
- Run flasher as an administrator. For both Mac and Linux, this will mean using sudo ./flasher from a Terminal window.
- Browse for the opennao robot software and select your usb disk. Check the factory reset box and click write.
- Once the process is complete, remove the usb stick and put it in the back of your robot's head.
- Turn on your robot and wait for his boot process to finish.