Troubleshooting after it works
My Robot Has Worked At Least Once And Now It Doesn't Work
This page is for tips to help you once you've gotten over the initial hump of getting your robot working the first time. Now something has gone wrong and it doesn't work. Here are some ideas of how to get it up and working.
Some Common Error Messages and What to Do About Them
NameError: name 'XXXX' is not defined
- NameError: name 'backward' is not defined
- NameError: name 'init' is not defined
- NameError: name 'backword' is not defined
- NameError: name 'myCoolDance' is not defined
This error means that Python doesn't recognize something that you typed
- Double check that you spelled it correctly
- Is it a myro function? If so
- Did you spell it right? Check again!
- Did you remember to do from myro import *?
- Did you restart the shell? Then you have to do from myro import * again!
- What the heck, try typing from myro import * again anyway
- Still doesn't work? are you sure you're spelling it right?
- Maybe try quitting from Python and starting again.
- Is it a function that you wrote yourself in another window?
- Did you remember to "Run Module"?
Serial element not found. If this continues, remove/replace serial device...
This is typically after you type the init command, and means that myro can't connect to your robot.
- If your computer/laptop doesn't