This page describes the planning of Pyjama Editor and Shell. The Pyjama IDE is a cross-platform environment for learning about computing. This is part of the Pyjama Project.
If you are running:
- Linux or Mac OS X, and have Mono 2.4.1 and libcups/cups-devel installed, OR
- Windows and have .NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed
then, you can easily run Pyjama by downloading the latest binaries in the zip file from Pyjama Downloads, unzipping them, and running.
After downloading and unzipping the latest Pyjama, you can run the program like:
pyjama.exe pyjama.exe file.py
On Linux and Mac OSX, you will probably want a script this this:
#!/bin/sh PYJAMAPATH=/path/to/dlls XMODIFIERS= MONO_PATH=$PYJAMAPATH mono $PYJAMAPATH/pyjama.exe $@
If you would like to edit the code, or compile it yourself, see below. Otherwise, please head to PyjamaSamples.
One can program either in Visual Studio (only available on Windows) or in Mono (available on most platforms). Mono has a development environment (called MonoDevelop), but you can also use any editor. There is a free Visual Studio Express available from Microsoft. Pyjama requires Mono 2.4.2 and is also for free from .
On Linux and Mac OSX
You'll need the following:
- On Mac OSX, you will need XCode (to give you "make").
- If on an RPM system, Get the latest Mono, called 2.4.2, or from their trunk:
- Download RPMs for mono-core, mono-devel, mono-winforms, and libgdiplus from Mono 2.4.1 trunk:
- If you are not on a Suse system, you may be able to force them:
- rpm -ihv --nodeps --force http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_packages/suse-110-i586/libgdiplus/129909/mono-core-134631-0.novell.i586.rpm
- rpm -ihv --nodeps --force http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_packages/suse-110-i586/libgdiplus/129909/mono-devel-134631-0.novell.i586.rpm
- rpm -ihv --nodeps --force http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_packages/suse-110-i586/libgdiplus/129909/mono-winforms-134631-0.novell.i586.rpm
- rpm -ihv --nodeps --force http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_packages/suse-110-i586/libgdiplus/129909/libgdiplus0-129909-0.suse110.novell.i586.rpm
- Or, if NOT on RPM system, Download and Install sources from trunk
- wget http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_sources/mono/mono-134581.tar.bz2
- tar xf mono-134581.tar.bz2
- cd mono-134581
- make install
- cd ..
- wget http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_sources/libgdiplus/libgdiplus-129909.tar.bz2
- tar xf libgdiplus-129909.tar.bz2
- cd libgdiplus-129909
- make install
- For printing, you'll need libcups.
- Under fedora, that can be install through the package manager from the cups-devel package
- Build Pyjama Sources. From the command line:
$ svn co http://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/Myro/trunk/Pyjama Pyjama $ cd Pyjama/src $ export BINPATH=/path/to/mono/bin $ make
That will build and run Pyjama.
- You will need the .NET Compact Framework
- You will need a Visual Studio, such as this free version: Visual Studio Express
- Checkout the SVN directory from: http://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/Myro/trunk/Pyjama
- Under Windows, you can use Tortoise SVN
- Build the Solution in that directory
- You may need to delete the References: IronPython, IronPython.Modules, IronRuby, IronRuby.Libraries, Microsoft.Scripting, Microsoft.Scripting.Core, and Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute
- You then need to re-add them to References. They are in the Pyjama\libs folder.
- Run it (press F5)
For more, see PyjamaScreenShots
If you have any trouble, find bugs, or want to make a feature request, please do that at: