This page describes the planning of Pyjama Editor and Shell. The Pyjama IDE is a cross-platform environment for learning about computing. This is part of the Pyjama Project.
Getting Source Code
For those with write permissions to the SVN Bryn Mawr College source code repository:
svn co https://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/Myro-dev/trunk/Pyjama/gtk Pyjama
For just read-only access:
svn co http://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/Myro/trunk/Pyjama/gtk Pyjama
You can browse the source code here:
To build everything, run "make" in the root:
cd Pyjama make
That will build platform independent modules/Myro.dll, modules/Graphics.dll, and languages/Scheme.dll.
To run code:
cd Pyjama make
- Add proper opensource license information to all files
- Serial Connection to Fluke and Scribbler (C#, modules/Myro/Myro.cs)
- Pixel manipulation, (C#, modules/Graphics/Graphics.cs; see Pixbuf)
- Missing shapes: Point, Circle, Rect, Oval, Circle, Text (C#, modules/Graphics/Graphics.cs)
- Doesn't ask to save files on Quit
- Add Escape button, keypress handler to stop processing (and robot?)
- Need search/replace in editor
- Get Dinah working
- read classes, methods, params and return values from DLL
- drag and drop
- save/read file format
- execute file
- Allow Scheme to access DLR classes/modules
- Provide "Hint" links to wiki page on error
- Log student time/events for analysis
- Find Libraries for text-to-speech, gamepad, 3D graphics, music, etc
- Can we write a C# wrapper to run top-level pyjama (so as not to use ipy.exe)?
- Can we run chiron and have our code run in web browser through Silverlight/Moonlight?
- Most menu items missing (Python, src/editor.py, src/shell.py)
- Toolbar buttons don't do anything ?!
- Write do_together
- Undo and dirty indicator (asterisks next to filename of notebook tab) need to start fresh on file open
- Need move_to_top, move_to_bottom (for Shape objects in modules/Graphics/Graphics.cs)
- Unify graphics move/rotate (use Cairo rotate/translate or adjust our own points)
For more, see PyjamaScreenShots
If you have any trouble, find bugs, or want to make a feature request, please do that at: