This page describes the planning of Pyjama Editor and Shell. The Pyjama IDE is a cross-platform environment for learning about computing. This is part of the Pyjama Project.
One can program either in Visual Studio (only available on Windows) or in Mono (available on most platforms). Mono has a development environment (called MonoDevelop), but you can also use any editor. There is a free Visual Studio Express available from Microsoft. Pyjama requires Mono 2.6 and is also for free from .
On Linux and Mac OSX
You'll need the following:
- On Mac OSX, you will need XCode (to give you "make").
- Mono 2.6. Get the mono, mono-basic, and libgdi packages. (you can grab them here)
- wget FILE.tar.bz2
- tar xf FILE.tar.bz2
- cd FILE
- make install
- Repeat for all parts of mono...
- Pyjama Sources. From the command line:
$ svn co http://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/Myro/trunk/Pyjama Pyjama $ cd Pyjama (You might have to edit src/Makefile to change the location of Mono) $ make
That will build and run Pyjama.
To Just Install
Download the latest version of Pyjama from http://myro.roboteducation.org/~dblank/myro/pyjama/
Unzip, and run.
- You will need the .NET Compact Framework
- You will need a Visual Studio, such as this free version: Visual Studio Express
- Checkout the SVN directory from: http://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/Myro/trunk/Pyjama
- Build the Solution in that directory
- Run it
For more, see PyjamaScreenShots
Didn't build? Won't run? Send a note to: dblank AT cs DOT brynmawr DOT edu
We'll have a real issue tracking system up soon.