This page describes the planning of Pyjama Editor and Shell. The Pyjama IDE is a cross-platform environment for learning about computing. This is part of the Pyjama Project.
One can program either in Visual Studio (only available on Windows) or in Mono (available on most platforms). Mono has a development environment (called MonoDevelop), but you can also use any editor. There is a free Visual Studio Express available from Microsoft. Pyjama requires Mono 2.4.2 and is also for free from .
On Linux and Mac OSX
You'll need the following:
- On Mac OSX, you will need XCode (to give you "make").
- If on an RPM system, Get the latest Mono, called 2.4.2, or from their trunk:
- Download RPMs for mono-core, mono-devel, mono-winforms, and libgdiplus from Mono 2.4.1 trunk:
- If you are not on a Suse system, you may be able to force them:
- rpm -ihv --nodeps --force http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_packages/suse-110-i586/libgdiplus/129909/mono-core-134631-0.novell.i586.rpm
- rpm -ihv --nodeps --force http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_packages/suse-110-i586/libgdiplus/129909/mono-devel-134631-0.novell.i586.rpm
- rpm -ihv --nodeps --force http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_packages/suse-110-i586/libgdiplus/129909/mono-winforms-134631-0.novell.i586.rpm
- rpm -ihv --nodeps --force http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_packages/suse-110-i586/libgdiplus/129909/libgdiplus0-129909-0.suse110.novell.i586.rpm
- Or, if NOT on RPM system, Download and Install sources from trunk
- wget http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_sources/mono/mono-134581.tar.bz2
- tar xf mono-134581.tar.bz2
- cd mono-134581
- make install
- cd ..
- wget http://mono.ximian.com/monobuild/snapshot/snapshot_sources/libgdiplus/libgdiplus-129909.tar.bz2
- tar xf libgdiplus-129909.tar.bz2
- cd libgdiplus-129909
- make install
- Build Pyjama Sources. From the command line:
$ svn co http://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/Myro/trunk/Pyjama Pyjama $ cd Pyjama/src $ export BINPATH=/path/to/mono/bin $ make
That will build and run Pyjama.
- You will need the .NET Compact Framework
- You will need a Visual Studio, such as this free version: Visual Studio Express
- Checkout the SVN directory from: http://svn.cs.brynmawr.edu/Myro/trunk/Pyjama
- Build the Solution in that directory
- You may need to delete the References: IronPython, IronPython.Modules, IronRuby, IronRuby.Libraries, Microsoft.Scripting, Microsoft.Scripting.Core, and Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute
- You then need to re-add them to References. They are in the Pyjama\libs folder.
- Run it (press F5)
For more, see PyjamaScreenShots
If you have any trouble, find bugs, or want to make a feature request, please do that at: