Difference between revisions of "Educator Resources"
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
== Tutorials & Videos==
== Tutorials & Videos==
Latest revision as of 17:09, 13 July 2013
This page contains lecture notes, PowerPoint slides, and activity suggestions to assist you with teaching CS 1 with Robots. The material is loosely organized following the outline of the IPRE textbook, but you are encouraged to mix and match. Lecture notes are provided for teachers who like to program in front of their class and work examples in python live or on the board. Powerpoint slides can be a useful starting point for your own prepared lectures. In class activities are useful for small classes or lab/recitation sections. If you find problems with or make improvements to any of these materials we would love to incorporate your changes, please email [Jay Summet] with your improvements.
- Calico + Robots-(2013 CSTA Philly Workshop): Calico, Myro and Python for controlling Scribbler robots
- Calico Graphics-(2013 CSTA Philly Workshop): Calico Graphics and Processing libraries in Python
- Sample Programs (most created by students):
- Assignment descriptions (Intro to CS: High School Level)
Tutorials & Videos
- Personal Robots as Vehicles for Introductory Computer Science and Beyond - Keith O'Hara's presentation at the ICRA 2008 tutorial in Pasadena, CA. May 2008.
- Elluminate Webinar - Introducing the Scribbler Robot and Myro - Jay Summet, 1 hour presentation demonstrating the basics of programming the scribbler robot with python. Simple sensors and actuators, along with photo manipulations and graphics. (Requires Java Web Start.)
- Class Webpage - CS 1301, Fall 2009 - Lecturer: Jay Summet, Georgia Institute of Technology In the resources column of this class webpage you will find complete recordings of the class lectures (in downloadable Quicktime .MOV files) and webcasts (viewable with any web-browser that supports Flash). Look for the "webcast" link in the resource column for each day's lecture.
Lecture Notes, PPTs, Videos,and Example Assignments
- CS1301 - Fall 2011 Georgia Tech, Summet
- CS1301 - Spring 2011 Georgia Tech, Summet
- CS1301 - Fall 2010 Georgia Tech, Summet
- CS110 Lab - Fall 2009 and Spring 2010, Bryn Mawr College, Blank and Thomas, and Blank and Kelly
- CSC 190C - Fall 2009 Rochester, Koomen
- CS 1301 - Fall 2009 Georgia Tech, Summet
- IM115 - Fall 2009 Bradley University, Monica McGill
- CS1301 - Summer 2009 Georgia Tech, Summet
- CS1301 - Spring 2009 Georgia Tech, Summet
- CS110 - Spring 2009 Bryn Mawr, Kumar
- CS110 - Spring 2009 Bryn Mawr, Xu
- CS110 - Fall 2008 Bryn Mawr, Blank and Misra
- CS1301 - Fall 2008 Georgia Tech, Summet
- CS1301 - Fall 2007 Georgia Tech, Summet/O'Hara
- CS110 - Fall 2007 Bryn Mawr, Blank
- CS1301 - Summer 2007 Georgia Tech, Summet
- CS110 - Spring 2007 Bryn Mawr, Kumar