ICalico is a new method of interacting with Calico. In addition, a host of new functionality is available.
- Install IPython
- Make sure that ipython is in your path
- On Windows:
- Install Calico
- [Calico Download]
- Create a profile
- StartCalico --create-profile
- Start IPython with Calico profile
- ipython notebook --profile calico
A web page should open up which will allow you to enter scripts and Calico "magic" commands.
For an introduction to this manner of interacting with programs, please see:
ICalico magics are "meta" commands that are commands for the ICalico system, and not part of any language.
- One preceding percent sign indicates a "magic line command"
- Two preceding percent signs indicates a "magic cell command"
- Three preceding percent sign indicates a "magic notebook command"
%connect_info - show ICalico JSON connection information %edit FILENAME - edit a file in an external editor %%file FILENAME - create a filename with contents of cell %%html - treat the cell as HTML %lang - get information on current language %%lang LANGUAGE - change language for just this cell %%%lang LANGUAGE - change language for rest of cells %magic - get information on magic meta-commands %qtconsole - start a qtconsole %run FILENAME - run a file (language determined by extension) %%time - time how long it takes to run this cell