Difference between revisions of "IPRE Fluke Setup"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 12:32, 13 June 2008
Upgrading Your Fluke
First, let's upgrade myro. Start python and enter the following commands and then restart python:
>>> from myro import * >>> upgrade("myro") >>> exit # or quit idle
(A) If you are using version 2.5 or later of the IPRE Fluke firmware, then you need only Start Python and issue the commands:
(B) If you have an older version (version 2.4 or earlier) of the IPRE Fluke firmware, then you will need to directly connect to the Fluke with a serial cable, provide an external power supply, download the .hex file, and download and run the program . Note that you will only have to do the serial connection once with the older version, after which you can simply do (A) above.
- Get http://myro.roboteducation.org/packages/lpc21isp-ipre-win.zip
- Unzip and place contents in directory, unzip lpc21isp-ipre-win.zip
- Get the latest hex file from http://myro.roboteducation.org/upgrade/fluke and save in same directory as main.hex
Finally, run one of the following commands (or a variation of it):
lpc21isp-ipre.exe -control main.hex /dev/tty.usbserial 38400 20000 lpc21isp-ipre.exe -control main.hex com1 38400 20000
Detailed Instructions for (B):
- Connect your Fluke via serial cable to the computer, and also hook up a power line to your Fluke.
- Download program found at http://myro.roboteducation.org/packages/lpc21isp-ipre-win.zip. Make sure to save program to desktop. (If you need to unzip, right click the downloaded folder and choose "Explore". You may need to 'open containing folder' & then "Explore".)
- Download main.hex file at http://myro.roboteducation.org/upgrade/fluke and save to desktop (as main.hex).
- Open the console (Start --> Run --> type 'cmd').
- In the console, type "cd desktop" .
- Copy the command in (B) above that is appropriate for your computer OS (first command is for Linux, second is for Windows).
- Paste it in the console (you will need to right-click & select "paste"; keyboard commands don't work in the console) and hit "Enter". The new Fluke hardware should begin loading!
The source code for the above can be found:
More information on Hacking the Fluke