IPRE Fluke Setup
First, let's upgrade myro and the scribbler. Start python and enter the following commands and then restart python:
>>> from myro import * >>> upgrade("myro") >>> exit # or quit idle
Start python again, but this time let's install the latest firmware on the scribbler robot:
>>> from myro import * >>> upgrade("scribbler") # make sure your scribbler is up to date (for version 2.5 this is actually necessary)
(A) If you are using version 2.5 or later of the IPRE Fluke firmware, then you need only Start Python and issue the commands:
(B) If you have an older version (version 2.4 or earlier) of the IPRE Fluke firmware, then you will need to directly connect to the Fluke with a serial cable, provide an external power supply, download the .hex file, and download and run the program . Note that you will only have to do the serial connection once with the older version, after which you can simply do (A) above.
- Get http://myro.roboteducation.org/~dblank/lpc21isp-ipre-win.zip
- Unzip and place contents in directory, unzip lpc21isp-ipre-win.zip
- Get the latest hex file from http://myro.roboteducation.org/~dblank/myro/upgrade/fluke and save in same directory as main.hex
Finally, run one of the following commands (or a variation of it):
lpc21isp-ipre.exe -control main.hex /dev/tty.usbserial 38400 20000 lpc21isp-ipre.exe -control main.hex com1 38400 20000
Detailed Instructions for (B):
- Connect your Fluke via serial cable to the computer, and also hook up a power line to your Fluke.
- Download program found at http://myro.roboteducation.org/~dblank/lpc21isp-ipre-win.zip. Make sure to save program to desktop. (If you need to unzip, right click the downloaded folder and choose "Explore". You may need to 'open containing folder' & then "Explore".)
- Download main.hex file at http://myro.roboteducation.org/~dblank/myro/upgrade/fluke and save to desktop (as main.hex).
- Open the console (Start --> Run --> type 'cmd').
- In the console, type "cd desktop" .
- Copy the command in (B) above that is appropriate for your computer OS (first command is for Linux, second is for Windows).
- Paste it in the console (you will need to right-click & select "paste"; keyboard commands don't work in the console) and hit "Enter". The new Fluke hardware should begin loading!
The source code for the above can be found: