From IPRE Wiki
This site was created by the Institute for Personal Robots in Education (IPRE) for discussion of issues related to robots and education, including:
- Myro Installation Manual - install instructions for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Myro Reference Manual - functions of the Myro robot control system in Python
- Myro Development - details of the development of the Myro system
- Myro in C++ - by Bruce McLennan
- Myro in Scheme
- Myro Hardware - Robot hardware that currently runs with Myro (Plus gamepads)
- Learning Computing With Robots - a textbook (In English and Spanish) for Myro, Scribbler and Fluke
- Educator Resources - Lecture Notes, Powerpoint slides, Example Assignments and Activities.
- Presentations - Presentations (PowerPoint and other formats) of talks and demos
- Demo Programs - Simple programs that demonstrate sensors/output on the robot and python.
- CS110 Lab - Current Labs at Bryn Mawr College
- Middle School Computing with Robots - Curriculum, notes, and data on teaching middle school-ers Computer Science
Assessment, Outreach, and Workshops
- Assessment Tools - Surveys for robots and non-robots classes, consent forms, study protocols for IRB, etc...
- HOWTO Videos - Student Videos demonstrating various aspects of Myro & the Robot
- Myro Summer Development -
- CREU - Collaborative Research Experience for Undergraduates Bryn Mawr Project 2007-08
- Python Excursions - Deepak's Python Excursions. Some neat little Python tricks you might enjoy (feel free to add your own!)
- Discrete Math TA Info - Get information on your Discrete Math TA hours!
Events, Past and Future
- Summer Workshops 2010: Undergraduate Faculty Workshops. Bryn Mawr College July 21 - 23, 2010.
- SIGCSE 2010 Pre-Symposium: Introducing Computing with Personal Robots – SIGCSE 2010 Edition. March 9, 2010.
- Symposium - Presymposium at SIGCSE 2009 on the Future of Robots in Education March 4, 2009.
- IPRE Facutly Enhancement Workshop UNLP September 2008
- IPRE Summer Faculty Enhancement Workshop at Georgia Tech, July 7-9, 2008. Atlanta, GA.
- IPRE Summer Faculty Enhancement Workshop at Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010. June 11-13, 2008.
- ICRA Tutorial by IPRE, May 18-23, 2008 in San Diego, CA.
- Robots: Science and Systems - June 27-30, 2007 at Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA, USA
- RSS-2007 Workshop on Research in Robots for Education - June 30 2007
- AAAI 2007 Spring Symposium on Robots and Robot Venues: Resources for AI Education - March 26–28, 2007 at Stanford University in Stanford, CA, USA
- SIGCSE 2007 - March 7-10, 2007 in Covington, KY, USA
- RSS-2007 Workshop on Research in Robots for Education
- A Music Context for Teaching Introductory Computing: Ananya Misra, Douglas Blank, Deepak Kumar. Proceedings of ACM ITiCSE Conference (ITiCSE 2009), Paris, France.
- Personalizing CS1 with Robots. Jay Summet, Deepak Kumar, Keith O'Hara, Daniel Walker, Lijun Ni, Doug Blank, and Tucker Blach. Proceedings of ACM SIGCSE (Computer Science Education). March 4-7, 2009, Chattanooga, TN USA. See also Media:TalkSlides.pdf
- Games, Robots, and Robot Games: Complementary Contexts for Introductory Computing Education (GDCSE'08). Dianna Xu, Doug Blank, and Deepak Kumar. See also supporting materials.
- Designing Personal Robots for Education: Hardware, Software, and Curriculum. IEEE Pervasive Computing, v7n2 Apr-Jun 2008.
- CREU report Robots Byte In: An Exploration of Computer Science Education in Middle Schools Mansi Gupta, Marwa Nur Muhammad, Shikha Prashad and faculty advisor Douglas Blank.
- 2007 Annual Report - The Institute for Personal Robots in Education, June 2007.
- Robotics in CS - Institute for Personal Robots in Education
- AAAI Spring Symposium Series, March 2008, Stanford, CA – Paper titled, Engaging Computing Students with AI and Robotics, by Deepak Kumar, Doug Blank, Tucker Balch, Keith O'Hara, Mark Guzdial, Stewart Tansley. Presented at the Symposium on Using AI to Motivate Greater Participation in Computer Science.
- AAAI Spring Symposium Series, March 2007, Stanford, CA – Paper titled, Advanced Robotics Projects for Undergraduate Students, by Douglas Blank, Deepak Kumar, James Marshall, and Lisa Meeden. Presented at the Symposium on Robots and Robot Venues: Resources for AI Education.
- Communications of the ACM, Volume 49, Issue 12, December 2006, Pages: 25 - 27 - Robots make computer science personal, Douglas Blank.