Step by step instructions - calico installation under windows xp
From IPRE Wiki
Revision as of 19:16, 9 August 2011 by Jenniekay
Step by Step Guide to Installing Calico (Windows XP SP2/SP3)
- Confirm that you have administrative rights in windows XP
- Download and Install Mono
- Download and Install Calico
- (Possibly) Edit the StartCalico.bat file
- Run Calico to confirm it works!!
Confirming that you have administrative rights in Windows XP
- Log on to your PC as you would normally
- Right-click on the start button (make sure you use the right mouse button!)
- Look at the list of options that appear (the picture below is from my computer. You may have some different items on your list)
Download and Install Mono
- Download Mono 2.6.7 for Windows
- Save the file somewhere on your hard drive
- Close down other applications open on your machine
- Run the mono-2.6.7-gtksharp-2.12.10-win32-2.exe file you just saved by double clicking on it.
- If you get a security warning like the one pictured below, don't worry, you can run it.
- You should get the Mono 2.6.7 Welcome screen shown below. Click on the "next" button as shown below
- Now accept the agreement and click on next as shown below
- Now, feel free to read the important information, but even if you don't, be sure to click on the Next button
- Now you need to select where mono should be installed. Generally the best thing to do if you don't know what you are doing is to just let the system install it for you where it wants to. But it is VERY IMPORTANT that you make a note of where it is installed. Get out a pencil and write it down for later!!!!
- When asked to select which components should be installed, don't change anything, just click on the "next" button
- You can select a start menu folder if you wish, but might as well just leave it alone and click on "next"
- Just accept the default port, and click on "next"
- Finally, click on the Install Button