- Working May 11 through Aug 15
- Away June 23 - July 6
- Working May 21 through Aug 3
- Away June 3 - June 8
- Working June 11 through Aug 10
May 20 - 25
Mansi worked through the first few chapters of the textbook. MansiSummary
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
- Safety Training
- 9:30 - 10:30 am general safety, required of ALL students
- 10:45 am - noon lab/chemical safety, required of students working with chemicals
- Park 243
- followed by lunch in the Cloisters - please join us there at noon!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Dr. Paul Grobstein will talk with us about Science as Storytelling. We will meet in Park 338, from 1-3 pm (this event will likely end early).
Friday, June 22, 2007
Abstracts are due! Please e-mail your abstract to Sharlene Bund (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will post them on the summer science web site. Students working collaboratively are welcome to submit a single abstract with both/all student names on it.
June 25 - 29, 2007
Our work from this week Summary June 25-29
July 2 - July 6, 2007
Our work from this week: Summary July 2-6.
CS110 Essay Themes
As a final assignment in the new CS110 class involving Scribbler robots, Professor Deepak Kumar had us write a personal essay on our experience in the class (see assignment here: CS 110 Essay Assignment). He compiled the essays into one pamphlet of twenty-two essays.
When reading through the essays, I found a number of common themes. I've written an essay describing these themes. I also have composed a number of various types of short versions of the essay. Below are all four versions.
- The Five Major Themes that I noticed from the essays.
- A Paragraph Summary of the paper (which is essentially my Intro paragraph in the paper).
- A Readable Outline for the paper (basically the outline I made when writing the paper, but made easier for other people to understand).
- The Paper itself.
Hopefully the ideas and themes that I picked up on are both insightful and useful for constructing future classes.
- Order RobotEquipment2007 (done - Julia, May 11, 2007)
- Analyze survey data
- Work on IPRE bulletin boards (resources in a pile on the workspace near the Roomba Create)